CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Swimming Sucks

As some of you know, in high school I was a lifeguard for 4 years at a local lake and swimming pool and lived in the water all summer long. You would think that i would know how to swim right? WRONG! The one thing that I am learning quickly is that the swimming I learned to do to become (and stay) a lifeguard is nothing compared to trying and swimming lap after lap.

Technique is so crucial to make yourself bouyant and effortless when it comes to swimming distances and my technique must just SUCK. I feel like a drowning whale most of the time. I know part of it is just my being out of shape and over time I will get better from the cardio standpoint but i think i am going to try and find a swimming coach to help me work on my technique a little. Even though my technique sucks and it's a beeotch to swim more than 50 yards without taking a little rest, I still love being in the water and i feel pretty comfortable in the water.

Till next time, swim on friends!

1 comments:

The Lifestyle Shack said...

HA! I used to be a lifeguard, too and swimming is my weakest leg in the tri! I think if I had a swim coach I might actually do pretty well. Best of luck in your training.

Tracy (aka dcrunningdiva from BT)