CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Great news interrupted

As happy as I was for the news that "the lump" isn't going to be cancer, my joy was quickly doused when my mom called to tell me that my mimo's body was shutting down. Thank god for Jeanne's attitude and her mom's help, I got in my car and drove to Louisville, KY Thursday night. When I got to the emergency room, she was semi conscious. Mom arrived shortly after I did and after mom arrived Mimo snapped out of it and became very conscious and stayed that way for about an hour.

During her consciousness, Mimo started telling stories to us in the room and told me that I need to write a book about them. One of the two stories she told me about were about her going to Hawaii (pronounced How y ya, after I got scolded for correcting her, LOL) and going to a luau where the men were carrying bibles. The second story was about the origin of her name Toyce. She told us about some cherokee indian neighbors of her parents (who were also part Cherokee). Toyce was a indian princess name but the couple didn't have a girl so Papa and Mimo Traynor named their daughter Toyce to honor the tradition.

I was glad I was able to spend the time with her. She talked about how special I was, how special Jeanne was and how blessed we were for Paige coming into our life from answered prayers and JD coming right after. I don't know how much longer she will hold on, but at least I had my chance to hear the stories and say goodbye in my own way.

0 comments: