CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Life Interrupted Part II

Got into the Dr. right away this morning and she confirmed the news. Urine test looked ok but the lump is not something to dismiss. She has me scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow (Tues) to get a closer look and then an appt. with her on Thursday for the results. I am beginning to expect the worst. I told my parents about it and my Dad seemed especially concerned. He doesn't show his feelings often so in a way it was nice to see that side of him. Mom is taking it in stride. With her recent stress problems, I hesitated to even tell her about it but since she is a nurse, I knew she could handle it and look at it from a medical side. Jeanne is taking the "ignoring the problem" view. She is definitely concerned, but I don't blame her for not wanting to think about it after we watched her dad die of cancer at a young age.

Myself, I am pretty scared. I know I am catching whatever is going on early so even if it is the "C" word, I am confident I can beat it. After all, I already have
a loving wife and two great kids (with no chance of having any more) so who really needs both testicles right? Besides, like Lance Armstrong joked "I can become more aerodynamic" in my running.


0 comments: