CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Feeling good SLOWLY

It's been a good weekend. Rode the stationary bike on Friday due to 35mph sustained winds. The ride felt good but I wish I would have pushed a little harder. Jeanne got home from MN on Friday night so Saturday I was finally able to get back in the pool. The swimming has me a little concerned. I still can't go over 50meters without stopping. I am going to try and put in some extra time in the pool this week since there were a couple of moments in the pool where i felt like I was finally gliding through the water without as much resistance. It was HOT and sunny on Sunday so we broke out the new slip and slide for the kids. They were having so much fun with it that I got my suit on and joined them in a few slides. I will have to put some pictures up of it because I would slide so fast that at the end of the slide I would hit the inflated part and then flip over onto the grass. The kids and I convinced mommy to give it a try too and she looked like a natural on a couple of the slides and really "bit it" on one of the slides.

After going out to eat and not eating very healthy, the weather cooled down that I decided to go for a short run at 8pm. It was a fairly hard and slow run for me due to the bad meal and heat but i felt good that I at least got out and did it since I REALLY had to convince myself to get up off my butt and do it.

0 comments: