CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

WOW its been a while

Well, its been a while since i posted here. Sorry to all of you that aren't reading this, LMAO. Tri training has been going well even with all of my traveling. Since my last post, I have traveled to Vancouver, Bellingham WA and Seattle. All three cities were amazing but Vancouver is still my favorite city i have ever traveled to. Business has been going pretty good but the stress level of the next step with my company has started to take its toll on my mental clarity so thank god i have this triathlon training to help me blow off the steam and release some of the stress of dealing with situations that are WAY beyond my control.

As for the training....

Swimming - I have slowly gotten better with this and even have leapt up to 100 yards without stopping. I still have a long way to go but i just found out that my first tri is 200 yards in the lazy river, get out of the water, run to the pool, jump in and then swim 200 yards in the lap pool. THAT should be interesting. But hey, at least I only have to go 200 yards at a time, right? right? anyone there?

Biking - This is where I should be able to make up some time during the race. I have been getting stronger on the bike averaging around 16 mph lately for 30 minutes. The race is only 6 miles so I should be able to finish strong on this leg.

Running - Running has gotten stronger as well. I can go a mile without walking now which is a big improvement from 5 weeks ago. The only problem i have right now is after walking the hilly streets of Seattle, my shinsplints are hurting and during my tri training run this morning, i had a hitch in my knee. Hopefully that was just a fluke situation.

All in all, i am really enjoying my training and don't "dread" any of the training at this point. I am getting excited for my race in 6 weeks and I only have limited travel until the race so I can focus on my training a little more. Also, I officially joined WeightWatchers online to try and drop around 50 pounds. I know I am working out enough but my diet wasn't good still so hopefully WW will help me correct that part. Jeanne had a lot of success with it and has kept the weight off for a few years now so i hope I can become the 2nd WW success story in our family.

On the family front....I love summer!!! I love being outside with my family, having the kids playing in the sprinklers and slipnslide. Heck I even joined them on the slipnslide last week and we convinced mommy to do it as well. Jeanne is enjoying her summer off from school which is great because THATS why we moved back here.

Until next time (which i promise will be sooner)......

0 comments: